Sunday, July 26, 2009

Learning...

Just last night I had an overnight shift for the first time and yes it was was dare I say... tiresome, but fairly enjoyable. Took a photo of myself...and yes I was tired because I had a headache all day...



I learnt things I would never would've known if I were doing any other shift. Buzzers going off at ever hour of the night and morning, attending to residents even when then didn't know what to do at the time of night and just wanted to see what the buzzer was for...then you get the others who needed help getting into bed something so simple we find to do...residents who think younger people can't do anything but then when they need help and the only person infront of them is young and willing to help, they look at you as the only thing they have, and not one bit they take you for granted...one lady told me, 'one thing I will never forget is the things I wish I could've done when I was your age...always do the things you say you will...or else your stuck at the beginning of nowhere again'...there are so many things in life yet to learn, but then when you have all the tools infront of you, to do the things you say you will, but will you achieve those things when you have everything infront of you? or just let it fade away? but then your stuck at the beginning again slowly making a progression to the never ending cycle of your future.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maeyean said...

oh Gen you look very tired, do take care. and what that lady says is true! I am glad you realise it

11:18 PM  
Blogger increase the peace said...

haha yeah i will :) I wanna go to little cupcakes... there is this cupcake store in melbourne central and they copied little cupcakes but they are YUK! i was like...hmmm I'll try these and then i felt sick...NEVER AGAIN :P

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home